Star Trek: Discovery Blu-ray Exclusive – Being Michael Burnham
What tags would you like to include on this video?: Star Trek: Discovery Blu-ray, Star Trek: Discovery, Disco, Discovery, Star Trek Discovery, Star Trek Disco, Star Trek Discovery clip, Star Trek Discovery behind the scenes, Michael Burnham, Sonequa Martin-Green
Description: Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 is coming to Blu-ray, DVD, Limited Edition Blu-Ray Steelbook and Digital on December 6 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment.
In this clip from the extra features, Sonequa Martin-Green (Captin Michael Burnham) “dives into art imitating life and life imitating art as she built her character from the perspective of a mother.”
The four-disc Star Trek Discovery collection is packed with over 90 minutes of special features, including exclusive cast and crew interviews, a gag reel, deleted scenes and episode commentary.
Here’s the logline for Season 4 of Discovery from the studio: “Season four of Star Trek: Discovery finds finds Captain Burnham and the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery facing a threat unlike any they’ve ever encountered. With Federation and non-Federation worlds alike feeling the impact, they must confront the unknown and work together to ensure a hopeful future for all. The fourth season stars Sonequa Martin-Green (“Commander Michael Burnham”), Doug Jones (“Commander Saru”), Anthony Rapp (“Lt. Commander Paul Stamets”), Mary Wiseman (“Ensign Sylvia Tilly”), Wilson Cruz (“Dr. Hugh Culber”), David Ajala (“Cleveland “Book” Booker”) and Blu del Barrio (“Adira”). Ian Alexander (“Gray”) also appears in Season four.”
Extra features include:
● STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 4 – A continuation of the series, this behind-the-scenes featurette includes writers and producers as they discuss how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props in Season Four.
● BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM: THE CAPTAIN’S LOG – From Sonequa Martin-Green, fans are taken through her personal journey as Captain Michael Burnham. Follow Martin-Green, as she sits in the Captain’s chair and shares intimate videos taken throughout the season, behind-the-scenes moments and interviews.
● CREATING SPACE – Fans can explore the VFX department to see their use of an AR wall for the immersive on-screen experience created for The Holodeck, which utilizes the largest AR wall to date.
● THE TOLL IT TOOK – From the writer’s room and prop building to costume fittings, the production stage and post, the cast and crew discuss the toll COVID took during the development of Season Four.
● COMMENTARY: EPISODE 413 – COMING HOME (Exclusive)
● DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
● GAG REEL (Exclusive)
Being who I am and being who I am in This story is Burnham Of course was greatly affected by coming Into it as a mother because I had my son Two years before I started I'm just Being the awesome perfect little boy he Is it was really adding to my character And my empathy and everything but then To sort of Double Down On It With my daughter who is also awesome in This perfect little girl suddenly having A daughter and knowing that I had to Teach somebody how to be a woman At the same time that Burnham was Realizing herself as a woman at the same Time that I was realizing myself as a Woman it's that art imitating life life Imitating art Circle That's really magical and Sensational I Had the brutal brutal brutal Um discovery of not being Invincible I Had no business ever thinking I was Invincible I think a lot of a lot of people have to Sort of take on that that false belief That they're Invincible to get through Trauma to get through their lives you Know a lot of people A lot of people do that um and I had Done that I used to think there was no Wall This captain my experience has taught me Otherwise And that understanding of oh I can't do
Everything And here we are with life imitating art Because that's very much something that Burnham had to realize too